METROPOLITAN OF SONGEA

 

Health Services

 

 

18. Archdiocese of Songea

Bishop:                     Most. Rev. Archbishop Norbert W. Mtega

Address:                   Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 152, Songea

Tel.:                        025 2602046/22004/22330

Fax:                        025 2602593

E-mail:                            mtega@cats-net.com

 

History

The beginning of the Peramiho Mission dates back to 1898. During the Maji-Maji rising in 1905 the mission station was completely destroyed, but it was rebuilt again soon after. At that time Peramiho belonged to the Prefecture Apostolic of South-Zanzibar (later Vicariate Apostolic of Dar es Salaam), which was entrusted to the Benedictine Fathers of the Congregation of  St. Ottilien, Germany. On 11th November 1913, the Southern Province of Tanganyika Territory was separated from the Vicariate Apostolic of Dar es Salaam and established as Prefecture Apostolic of Lindi. In December 1927 this Prefecture of Lindi was promoted to the status of Abbey Nulius of Lindi. On 22nd December 1931 two Abbeys Nullius were erected and the territory was divided, the eastern part near the coast becoming the Abbey Nullius of Ndanda and the western part stretching to Lake Nyasa becoming the Abbey Nullius of Peramiho. In 1953 the Abbey Nullius of Peramiho became the Diocese of Songea.

 

Missionaries:              Benedictine Fathers (OSB)

Status:                     1.  Prefecture Apostolic of Lindi 1913 - 1927

                      2.  Abbey Nullius of Lindi 1927 - 1931

                      3.  Abbey Nullius of Peramiho 1932 - 1953

                      4.  Diocese of Songea 1953 -

Ordinarii:           1.  Prefect Apostolic abet Rt. Rev. W. Lay OSB, 1913 - 1917

                      2.  Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev.. Lane WP, 1919 - 1922

                      3.  Prefect Apostolic abet Rt. Rev. G. Steiger OSB, 1922-1952

                      4.  Bishop Rt. Rev. E. Spiess OSB, 1953-1969

                      5.  Bishop Rt. J.J Komba, 1969-1992

                      6.  Bishop Rt. Rev. N.W. Mtega, 1992

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:                    Mrs. Roswita Lugongo

Hospitals:                         1

Leprosarium                             1

Health Centres                           -

Dispensaries                             18

Medical Stores/Pharmacies             -

 

 


Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals

1. St. Joseph’s Hospital, Peramiho

Dispensaries

1.    Chipole Dispensary

2.    Chitanda Dispensary

3.    Mahanje Dispensary

4.    Matimira Dispensary

5.    Mpitimbi Dispensary

6.    Namabengo Dispensary

7.    Ligunga Dispensary

8.    Mbingamharule Dispensary

9.    Mpendangindo Dispensary

10.Nakahuga Dispensary

11.Hanga Dispensary

12.Mtyangimbole Dispensary

13.Chengena Dispensary

14.Morogoro Dispensary

15.Morogoro Litisha Leprosy

16.Ndongosi Dispensary

17.Ifinga Dispensary

18.St. Camillius Dispensary

 

Ruvuma

 

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

 

Songea

 

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

Songea

 

Peramiho

 

Chipole

Chitanda

Mahanje

Matimira

Mpitimbi

Namagengoo

Ligunga

Mbingamharule

Mpendangindo

Nakahuga

Hanga

Mtyangimbole

Chengena

Morogoro

Morogoro

Ndongosi

Ifinga

Songea

 

1.  St. Joseph’s Hospital, Peramiho

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                   St. Joseph’s Mission Hospital, P.O. Box 19, Peramiho

District and Region:              Songea District, Ruvuma Region

Established:                in 1923

Religious congregations: 1. Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

                             2. African Benedictine Sisters of St, Agnes, Chipole

E-mail:                            hospital@peramiho.ud.co.tz

 

History

The origin of the present Peramiho hospital was actually in Dar es Salaam. In 1894

St. Joseph’s Convent (near the present City Council of Dar es Salaam) was converted into a 40 bed hospital which was managed by Missionary Benedictine Sisters. Their own convent was in an adjacent building. The hospital was “a heaven for the abandoned, who found a place for dying in peace at the Sisters hospital”.

 

The present Peramiho hospital started in 1901 when the Missionary Sisters moved from Dar es Salaam to Songea, and went on carrying out St. Benedicts rule “Above all, care must be taken of the sick”.

 

Activities of the hospital were interrupted by the Majimaji uprising in 1905 and the First World War – 1916 – 1918.

 

Hospital activities restarted in 1928 with a bedded dispensary. In 1949 the hospital was expanded. More expansions were carried out in 1980 and in 1987. Now it has 315 beds capacity.

 

The hospital offers:

Maternity and child health, Medical, pediatrics, gynecological, surgical, radiological, laboratory and Community Based Health Care and outreach services. The hospital is the

“defacto” referral hospital of South West Tanzania.

 

The hospital has a Nurses and Midwifery Training School as well as a leprosarium.

 

19.         Diocese of Iringa

Bishop:                            Rt. Rev. Taricius Ngalalekumtwa

Address                    Bishop’s House,

P.O. Box 133, Iringa

Tel                  026 2702772/2702090

Fax:                        026 2700650

 

History

On the 3rd March 1922, after the withdrawal of the German missionaries, the Vicariate Apostolic of Dar es Salaam was again divided and the western portion, now forming the “: Prefecture Apostolic of Iringa, was entrusted to the Consolata Fathers of Turin, Italy .. Erected as a Vicariate Apostolic on the 8th January 1948. Erected as a Diocese on the 23rd March 1953.

 

Missionaries:       Consolata Fathers (IMC)

Status:              1. Apostolic Prefecture of Iringa 1922 – 1948

                      2. Vicariate Apostolic of Iringa 1948 – 1953

3.    Diocese of Iringa 1953

     Ordinarii:              1.  Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev. Fr. Cagliero IMC, 1922 – 1935

                      2. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev. A. Beltramino IMC, 1936 – 1948

                     3. Vicar Apostolic Rt. Rev. A. Beltramino IMC, 1948 – 1953

4.    Bishop Rt. Rev. A. Beltramino IMC. 1953 – 1969

5.    Bishop Rt. Rev. M. Mgulunde, 1969 – 1970

6.    Bishop Rt. Rev.  Norbert W. Mtega 1970 – 1992

7.    Rt. Rev. T. Ngalalekumtwa – 1992

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary                     Rev. Fr. Julius Masenya

Hospitals                          1

Health Centres                           2

Dispensaries                             35

Medical Stores/Pharmacies             1

 

 

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals

1.  Tosamaganga Hospital

Health Centres

1 Usolanga Health Centre

2. Migoli Health Centre

Dispensaries

1.   Chosi Dispensary

2.   Ifunda Dispensary

3.   Ikwega Dispensary

4.   Ilula Dispensary

5.   Irole Dispensary

6.   Kaning’ombeDispensary

7.   Kibao Dispensary

8.   Lyasa Dispensary

9.   Madibira Dispensary

10  Madabulo Dispensary

11. Kihesa Dispensary

12  Mshindo Dispensary

13. Nyabula Dispensary

14. Ujewa Dispensary

15 Makala Dispensary

16 Nyamihu Dispensary

17 Pawaga Dispensary

18 Ulete Dispensary

19 Ismani Dispensary

20 Kilolo Dispensary

21 Nyakipambo Dispensary

22 Kitanewa Dispensary

23 Wasa Dispensary

24 Mtandika Dispensary

25 Ng’ingula Dispensary

26 Sadani Dispensary

27 Kipera Dispensary

28 Weru Dispensary

29 Mgololo Dispensary

30 Ibumu Dispensary

31 Mafinga Dispensary

32 Madege Dispensary

33 Itunungu Dispensary

34. Lwang’a Dispensary

35 Igingilanyi Dispensary

Medical Stores/Pharmacies

1 Diocese of Iringa Main Store

 

Iringa

 

Iringa

Iringa

 

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

 

Iringa

 

Iringa Rural

 

Iringa

Iringa Rural

 

Mbarali

Iringa Rural

Mufindi

Iringa Rural

Iringa Rural

Iringa Rural

Mufindi

Iringa Rural

Mafinga

Mafinga

Iringa Urban

Iringa Urban

Iringa Rural

Mbarali

Mafinga

Iringa Rural

Iringa

Iringa Rural

Iringa

Iringa Rural Iringa

Makambako Iringa

Iringa

Iringa Rural

Iringa

Iringa Rural

Mafinga

Iringa

Iringa

Mafinga

Iringa

Mafinga

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa Rural

Iringa Rural

 

Iringa Urban

 

Tosamaganga

 

Usolanga

Migoli

 

Chosi

Ifunda

Ikwega

Ilula

Irole

Kaning’ombe

Kibao

Lyasa

Madibira

Madabulo

Kihesa

Shindo

Nyabula

Ujewa

Makalala

Nyamihu

Pawaga

Ulete

Ismani

Kilolo

Nyakipambo

Kitanewa

Wasa

Mtandika

Ng’ingula

Sadani

Kipera

Weru

Mgololo

Ibumu

Mafinga

Madege

Itununtu

Lwang’a

Igingilanyi

 

Iringa

 

 

1.  Tosamaganga Hospital (St. John of the Cross)

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                   Tosamaganga Hospital, P.O. Box 11, Tosamanga

District and Region:              Iringa District, Iringa Region

Religious congregations: 1. Consolata Sisters

                             2. Sisters of St. Theresa of the Child Jesus

 

This is a 164 bed hospital operated and administered by the Diocese eof Iringa. It provide out patient and inpatient service for Maternal and Child Health Medical Surgical Conditions. It offers special services such a Primary Health Care, ophthalmic and dental services. It has a facility for producing intravenous fluid infussions.

 

The hospital has a training center for Nurse/Midwives.

 

 

 

20. Diocese of Lindi

Bishop:             Rt. Rev. Bruno Ngonyani

Address            Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 435, Lindi

Tel    :              023 2202550

Fax:                 023 2510410

 

History

The Diocese of Nachingwea was erected on the 5th August 1963, having previously formed part of the Benedictine Abbey Nullius of Ndanda. It was a part of the Archdiocese of Dar es Salaam. In 1988 the Diocese of Lindi was formed from a part of the Diocese of Nachingwea and the Diocese of Mtwara.

Missionaries:                             Salvation Fathers (SDS)

Status:                                    1.  Diocese of Nachingwea 1963 – 1988

                                    2.  Diocese of Lindi 1988

Ordinarii:                          1.  Rt. Rev. A.R. Cotey SDS 1963 – 1988  

2.  Rt. Rev. Maurus Libaba 1973 - 1988

3.  Rt. Rev. Bruno Ngonyani - 1991

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:

Hospitals:                         3

Health Centres:                   1

Dispensaries                             6

Medical Stores/Pharmacies             -

 

 

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals

1.    Mnero Hospital

2.    St. Walburg’s Hospital, Nyangao

3.    St. Martin’s Hospital, Kipatimu

Health Centres

1.    Mtua Health Centre

Dispensaries

1.Likolombe Dispensary

2.Mitole Dispensary

3.Malolo Dispensary

4.Michenga Dispensary

5.Rondo Ntama Dispensary

6.Namayuni Dispensary

 

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

 

Lindi

 

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

 

Nachinwea

Lindi

Kilwa Masoko

 

Lindi

 

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Lindi

Kilwa Masoko

 

Mnero

Nyangao

Kipatimu

 

Mtua

 

Likolombe

Mitole

Malolo

Michenga

Rondo Ntauna

Namayuni

 

 

1.    Mnero Hospital

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                   Mnero Hospital, P.O. Box 376, Nachingwea

District and Region:              Nachingwea District, Lindi Region

 

History

Mnero hospital started as a dispensary in 1933. It was converted into a hospital from 1949 – 1952. One of the first Nursing schools in Tanzania was opened at Mnero in 1950 by Dr. Leader Stirling who later became the Minister of Health (1976 – 1980). It now provides medical and surgical services to Nachingwea, Rwangwa and Liwale District. It has capacity of 111 beds.

 

2.  St. Walburg’s Hospital, Nyangao

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address                    St. Walburg’s Hospital, P.O. Box 1002, Nyangao

District and Region:              Lindi District, Lindi Region

Established:                in 1933

Religious congregations: 1. Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

2. African Benedictine Sisters of Our Lady Help of Christians

 

History

Nyangao hospital is owned by the Diocese of Lindi and was built initially as a dispensary in 1947. In 1959 the hospital was extended to a hospital. It is administered by Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing. It has a capacity of…. Beds and provides general medical and surgical services.

 

 

 

3.  St. Martin’s Hospital, Kipatimu

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                   St. Martin’s Hospital, Kipatimu, P.O. Box 136, Kilwa

District and Region:              Kilwa District, Lindi

Established:                in 1962

Religious congregations: 1. Franciscan Sisters of Veghel

2. African Benedictine Sisters of Our Lady Help of Christians

 

History

The hospital was built in 1952 by Capuchin Missionaries then under the Archdiocese of Dar es Salaam and now is owned and operated by the Catholic Diocese of Lindi. It has a capacity of 60 beds. It also runs a leprosy camp (Assisi Leprosarium) which caters for about 20 people 2 km away from the hospital.

 

 

21.  Diocese of Mbeya

Bishop:                     Rt. Rev. Evarist Marc Chengula IMC

Address:                   Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 179

Tel.                        025 2502250

Fax                         025 2504170/2500903

E-mail:                            mbeya-diocese@intafrica.com

 

History

On July 18th 1932, the southern part of the former Vicariate Apostolic of Tanganyika was erected as “Mission sui juris of Tukuyu”. It became a Prefecture of the same name on March 29th, 1938, and was raised too Vicarriate Apostolic of Mbeya on July 14th 1949, and became a Diocese on March 25th , 1953.

 

Missionaries:       White Fathers (WP)

Status:              1. Prefecture Apostolic of Mbeya 1932 - 1938

                      2. Prefecture Apostolic of Mbeya 1938 - 1949

                      3. Vicariate Apostolic of Mbeya 1949 - 1953

                      4. Diocese of Mbeya 1953

Ordinarii:           1. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev. M. Donders WP, 1932 - 1938

                      2. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev. L. Haag WP, 1939 - 1947

3. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev.A.C.A. van Oorschot WP, 1947 - 1949

4. Vicar Apostolic Rt. Rev.A.C.A. van Oorschot WP 1949 - 1953

                      5. Bishop Rt. Rev.A.C.A. van Oorschot WP 1953 - 1964

                      6. Bishop Rt. Rev. J.D. Sangu 1966 – 1997.

                      7. Bishop Rt. Rev. E.M. Chengula IMC, 1997

 

 

 

 

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary                     Rev. Fr. Francis Magala

Hospitals                          2

Health Centres                    -

Dispensaries                     2

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals

1.  Mwambani D.D. Hospital

2.  Igogwe Hospital

Dispensaries

1.    Chosi Dispensary

2.    Rujewa Dispensary

 

Mbeya

Mbeya

 

Mbeya

Mbeya

 

Chunya

Rungwe

 

Mbeya

Mbeya

 

Mwambani

Igogwe

 

Chosi

Rujewa

 

1. Mwambani Hospital

Status:                            Designated District Hospital

Address                           Mwambani Hospital, P.O. Box  179, Mwambani

District and Region                     Chunya District, Mbeya Region

Established                       in 1901

Religious congregation          Diocese Sisters

 

2. Igogwe Hospital

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address                           Igogwe Hospital, P.O. Box 300, Igogwe

District and Region                     Rungwe District, Mbeya Region

Established                       in 1957

Religious congregation          Franciscan Sisters of St. George, Denekamp

 

History

Igogwe hospital was built from 1962 by Franciscan Sisters on a previously existing diocesan dispensary. It has a capacity of 120 beds, and offers general medical and surgical services. It also runs an Orphanage and a Community Based Health Care Programme and an AIDS programme.

 

 

22.  Diocese of Mbinga

Bishop:                     Rt. Rev. Emmanuel A. Mapunda

Address:                   Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 94, Peramiho

Tel                         025 – 2640070/2640068

 

History

The Diocese of Mbinga was erected in 1995. It was part of the Diocese of Songea

 

Missionaries:                     Benedictine Fathers of St.. Ottilien (OSB)

Status:                            Diocese of Mbinga 1995

Ordinarii:                  Bishop Rt. Rev. E. Mapunda

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:                    Mr. Silverius Komba

Hospitals:                         2

Health Centres:                          4

Dispensaries:                            11

Medical Stores/Pharmacies

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals

1.    Litembo D.D. Hospital

2.    Ruanda Hospital

Health Centres
1.    Liuli Health Centre

2.    Kigonsera Health Centre

3.    Magu Health Centre

4.    Mpapa Health Centre

Dispensaries

1.    Nangombo Dispensary

2.    Matiri Dispensary

3.    Lundumato Dispensary

4.    St. Vincent Mbinga Dispensary

5.    Mpepai Dispensary

6.    Liparamba Dispensary

7.    Lituhi Dispensary

8.    Lundu Dispensary

9.    Luhikitiki Dispensary

10.Mango Dispensary

11.Tingi Dispensary

 

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

 

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

 

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

Ruvuma

 

Mbinga

Mbinga

 

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

 

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

Mbinga

 

Litembo

Ruanda

 

Liuli

Kigonsera

Magu

Mpapa

 

Nangombo

Matiri

Lundumato

Mbinga

Mpepai

Liparamba

Lituhi

Lundu

Luhikitiki

Mango

Tingi

 

1.    Litembo Hospital

Status:                            Designated District Hospital

Address:                   P.O. Mbinga

District and Region:              Mbinga District, Ruvuma Region

Religious congregations: 1. Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

                             2. African Benedictine Sisters of St. Agnes Chipole

 

2. Ruanda Hospital

Status:                            Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                   Ruanda Hospital, P.O. Box 94, Ruanda

District and Region:              Mbinga District, Ruvuma Region

Religious congregations         1. Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

                            2. African Benedictine Sisters of St. Agnes, Chipole

 

 

23.    Diocese of Mtwara

Bishop:                            Rt. Rev. Gabriel Mmole

Address:                          Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 526, Mtwara

Tel.                                023 2333310/2333319/2333071

Fax:                               023 2333071

 

 

History

On 11th November 1913, the Southern Province of Tanganyika Territory was separated from the Vicariate Apostolic of Dar es Salaam and established as Prefecture Apostolic of Lindi. In December 1927 this Prefecture of Lindi was promoted to the status of an Abbey Nullius. On 22nd December 1931 two Abbeys Nullius were erected and the territory was divided, the eastern part near the coast becoming the Abbey Nullius of Ndanda and the western part stretching too Lake Nyasa becoming the Abbey Nullius of Peramiho. In 1953 the Abbey Nullius of Ndanda became the Diocese of Mtwara.

Missionaries:              1. Benedictine Fathers of St. Ottilien (OSB)

                             2. Salvatorian Fathers (SDS)

Status:                     1. Abbey Nullius of Ndanda 1932 – 1953

                      2. Diocese of Mtwara 1953

Ordinarii:           1. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev. J. Amman OOSB, 1932 – 1949

                      2. Prefect Apostolic Rt. Rev V. Haelg OSB, 1949-1953

                      3. Bishop Rt. Rev. V. Haelg OSB, 1953 - 1973

                      4. Bishop Rt. Rev. M. Libaba 1973 - 1988

                      5. Bishop Rt. Rev. G. Mmole, 1988

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:                    Dr. D.B. Mwambe

Hospitals:                         1

Health Centres:                          2

Dispensaries:                            4

Medical Stores/Pharmacies             -

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Hospitals
1.  St. Benedict’s Hospital
Health Centres

1.    Nanyamba Health Centre

2.    Luagala Health Centre

Dispensaries

1.    St. Paul Majengo Dispensary

2.    Tulizo Dispensary (Nango)

3.    Tumaini Dispensary

4.    Shangani Dispensary

 

Mtwara

 

Mtwara

Mtwara

 

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

 

Masasi

 

Mtwara Rural

Tandahimba

 

Mtwara Urban

Masasi

Masasi

Mtwara Urban

 

Ndanda

 

Nanyamba

Luagla

 

Majengo

Nango

Chikundi

Shangani

 

 

 

1.  St. Benedict’s Hospital, Ndanda

Status:                                    Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                          St. Benedict’s Hospital, P.O. Box 526, Ndanda

District and Region:                     Ma District, Ruvuma Region

Established                       in 1927

Religious congregations:         1. Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

                                    2. African Benedictine Sisters of Mary Help of Christians

 

History

This hospital in Mtwara Diocese is owned by Sr. Thekla Steinnesback Memorial Foundation under the Diocesan Medical Board of Mtwara Diocese.

 

The hospital is presently run by Missionary Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing. It started operating in 1927 and has now a capacity of 300 beds. It provides general medical, surgical, opthalmological and Community Based Care to its catchments area. It also provides referral services to hospitals in Mtwara, Lindi and the eastern part of Ruvuma regions of Tanzania.

 

It runs a training center for Nursing and Midwifery.

 

It is a National Centre for Training Natural Family Planning.

 

 

24.  Diocese of Njombe

Bishop:                     Rt. Rev. Raymond Mwanyika

Address:                   Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 54, Njombe

Tel.                        026 2782032

Fax:                        026 2782402

E-mail:                            dioc.njombe@twiga.com

 

History

The Diocese of Njombe was erected in 1971. It was a part of the Archdiocese of Iringa.

 

Missionaries:              Consolata Fathers (IMC) and Benedictine Fathers

Status:                     1   Diocese of Njombe

Ordinarii:           1.. Bishop Rt. Rev. .Mwanyika 1971

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:                    Rev. Fr. Peter Wella

Hospitals:                                2

Health Centres:                          7

Dispensaries:                           

Medical Stores/Pharmacies                    12

 

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

 

Hospitals
1.  St. John’s Hospital

2.  Ikonda hospital

Dispensaries

1.    Kifanya dispensary

2.    Matembwe dispensary

3.    Makambako dispensary

4.    Igwachanya dispensary

5.    Luwana dispensary

6.    Sunji dispensary

7.    Kisinga dispensary

8.    Luilo dispensary

9.    Kipengele dispensary

Health Centres

      1.   Uliwa Health Centre

      2.   Uwemba Health Centre

3.    Madunda Health Centre

4.    Imiliwaha Health Centre

5.    Ihanga Health Centre

6.    Mavanga Health Centre

7.    Nindi Health Centre

 

Iringa

Iringa

 

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

 

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

Iringa

 

Njombe

Makete

 

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

 

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

Njombe

 

Lugarawa

Ikonda

 

Kifanya

Matembwe

Makambako Igwachanya Luwana Sunji Kisinga Luilo

Kipengele

 

Uliwa Uwemba

Madunda Imiliwaha

Ihanga  Mavanga

Nindi

 

1.  St. John’s Hospital, Lugarawa

Status:                                    Voluntary Agency Hospital

Address:                          St. John’s Hospital, P.O. Box 54, Lugarawa

District and Region:                     Ludewa District, Iringa Region

Established                       1928

Religious congregations:         1.Benedictine Sisters of Tutzing (OSB)

2.African Benedictine Sisters of St. Agnes Chipole

 

2.  Consolata Hospital Ikonda

Status:                                    Voluntary Agency

Address:                          Consolata Hospital Ikonda, P.O. Box 54, Njombe

District and Region:                     Makete Distriict, Iringa Region

Established                      

 

History

Owned by Consolata Missions Society and operating under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Njombe. It has a capacity of 202 beds (authorized 140 beds) and offers outpatient, pediatric, maternity, general surgical laboratory and radiological services. It offers ambulance services. It has hydroelectric power produced locally and a standby thermal generator which is used when there is  a shortage of water.

It also runs a school for laboratory assistants.

 

 

25.  Diocese of Tunduru -Masasi

Bishop:                     Rt. Rev. Magnus Mwalunyungu

Address:                   Bishop’s House, P.O. Box 240, Tunduru

Tel.                        023 2510165

 

History

The Diocese of Tunduru-Masasi was erected in 1995. It was a part of the Archdiocese of Songea/Diocese of Nachingwea Diocese of Ndanda

 

Missionaries:              Benedictine Fathers of St. Ottilien (OSB)

Status:                     1 Diocese of Tunduru-Masasi

Ordinarii:           1. Bishop Rt. Rev. Polycarp Pengo.Mwalunyungu 1995

 

Diocesan Health Department (DHD)

Executive Secretary:                    Rev. Fr. Patrick Mkapa

Hospitals:                               

Health Centres:                         

Dispensaries:                            9

Medical Stores/Pharmacies                    1

 

Health Services

Region

District

Town/Village

Dispensaries

1.    Nandembo Dispensary

2.    Lukuledi Dispensary

3.    Lupaso Dispensary

4.    Nanjota Dispensary

5.    Chingulungulu Dispensary

6.    Nambaya Dispensary

7.    Namiungu Dispensary

8.    Nanganga Dispensary

9.    Tunduru Dispensary

Medical stores/Pharmacies

1. Diocese of Tunduru-Masasi Storage

 

Ruvuma

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

Mtwara

 

Mtwara

 

Tunduru

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

Masasi

 

Masasi

 

Nandembo

Lukuledi

Lupaso

Nanjota

Chingulungulu

Nambaya

Namiungu

Nanganga

Tunduru

 

Tunduru