Parish/Faith Community Major Issues Report
Parish/Faith Community -Schuyler Catholic Community
Description of Priority Issue/Concern:
The Schuyler Catholic Community should focus on ALL those not able to maintain
consistent contact with the church. We must reach out and let them know that ALL are
welcome in God's Church.
- The existing radio broadcast and Cable TV
broadcast of Mass reaches all in the wider community. Its existence has demystified our
faith somewhat already.
- The newsletter is mailed to all registered
Catholics, whether practicing or not.
- The assessment led to our identifying this need
and has provided us with some strategies and energy behind initiating it.
- The facilities are great, provide ample space and
environment for opening our arms to all those interested or just curious.
- We may have people in the wider community not sure
who to talk to or where to begin.
- Our census is out of date (approx. 9 yr. old)
- Resources to follow up and maintain contact with
potential parishioners is currently lacking.
- Our rural geography and the economics of this area
add difficulties. (Transportation, access to radio and TV broadcasts, etc.)
Return to Planning Update