THE CARMEL OF JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH
MANTIN, NEGERI SEMBILAN
St Teresa of Avila
- Founded in 1982 by the Carmel of Singapore, it is about 40KM South of Kuala Lumpur.
- We are a community of sisters living a life of prayer and observing silence, solitude and Enclosure.
- We celebrate the liturgy of the hours in its entirety each day, Standing before God, in the name of the Church and on behalf of all one's brothers and sisters, we praise God and expresses all their prayers and Jesus.
- We observe a well balanced schedule of prayer, work and community get togethers for recreation and meals.
- We earn on living mainly by the making of Altar Bread and Vestments.
- Perpetual abstinence is observed as well as a yearly fast from September 14th until Easter.
Requirements for prospective candidates
- A love for prayer
- Belief in the power of prayer.
- Relatively good health
- Minimum SPM on Form V
- Able to mix well with others.
- Prefer Preferably having working experience
- Preferably between 21-35
Communities in the Region
118 Jalan Tun Abang Haji Open
98007 Mui, Sarawak
Bukit Teresa Road
P.O. Box 10225
88802 Kota Kinabalu
THE CLOISTERED TERESIAN CARMEL
What is it?
Inaugurated by St. Teresa on 24th August 1562, the Cloistered Teresian Carmel is a renewed form of the Carmelite Order which originated on Mt. Carmel in the Twelfth century. It is one of the Contemplative orders in the Church.
It is a life of Intimacy with God and friendship with Jesus Christ - a life of contemplative Prayer for service in the Church.
It is a life of Prayer and Sacrifice for the Church .... the world ..... individualís need and above all for Priests.
- It is a life blending silence and solitude together with community get together for meals and recreation.
- It is a life of prayer well balanced with hours of manual labour which help towards earning a living.
- It is a life of Enclosure.
- It is a life lived with Mary, modelled on her hidden life.
[ Back to Homepage ]
Send comments to email@example.com
Last updated on January 23, 1997