FOR ALL PARISHIONERS WHO MAY VISIT OR SUBSTITUTE FOR ADORATION, PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FROM THE SPIRITUAL LIFE COMMISSION.
Feel free to visit often and stay as long as you are able, and please be generous with your time if asked to be a substitute for one of the committed adorers. The perpetual presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is a great blessing for us all, and will require the on-going support of our whole parish.
- The Adoration Chapel is located on the east side of the main church and is most easily accessed from Via Sacra Drive with parking in the Spiritus Sanctus lot. However, parking during school hours is restricted to only those two persons with the assigned Adoration hour. All other visitors and guests must use the Christ the King parking lot.
The Chapel is the semi-circular building with a separate handicap accessible entrance.
The Chapel contains a small bathroom, a vestibule at the entry and a phone provided to make outgoing calls only to find a substitute or in case of an emergency. All activity and noise once inside the Adoration Chapel entry should be kept to a minimum to avoid disturbing any others praying.
- The entry to the Adoration Chapel is lighted for easy access and security at all times. It is recommended that cars be locked when parked for your Adoration time, and that purses or other personal belongings brought into the Chapel be kept near you. In the event of a security concern, feel free to call Domino’s Security at 930-4911, or if an emergency occurs call 911 directly.
- PLEASE SIGN IN when you arrive for your Adoration time. There will be a sign-in sheet with the names of the persons committed for Adoration with their hour, and a sheet for guests and substitutes, along with a space for their phone number and time of day.
- A page for PETITIONS is provided in the vestibule to the Adoration Chapel to list any particular prayer requests that you may wish others to join in prayer with you. These can be specific needs or general prayer requests. There is also a page to list FAVORS GRANTED or ANSWERED PRAYERS that you may wish to share with others.
- SILENCE is the general rule for the Adoration Chapel, including any communication between individuals praying in the Chapel. Anyone should be able to enter the Adoration Chapel, either at their committed time or as a guest, and find silence in the presence of Jesus. Open prayers such as a shared rosary, charismatic prayer or musical instruments must never be allowed to disturb anyone who enters the Adoration Chapel. If there is a need for communication between individuals, you should go out into the vestibule and talk softly so as not to disturb any others in the Adoration Chapel.
- READING MATERIALS and rosaries have been provided for your use while at the Adoration Chapel. Please do not remove these items from the Chapel so they can remain available for others. ALL MATERIALS FOR DISTRIBUTION MUST BE APPROVED BY THE SPIRITUAL LIFE COMMISSION. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE SUCH ITEMS WITHOUT APPROVAL.
- Please do not bring any food or drink into the Adoration Chapel, including children’s treats.
- Parents are encouraged to bring their children to visit and pray before the Blessed Sacrament. The children should be instructed on proper behavior before entering the Adoration Chapel. Parents should determine the amount of time that their children can properly pray before Jesus in the Chapel without disturbing the prayers of others.