Pentecost Novena begins May 10!
The glorious Solemnity of Pentecost will be coming up May 18-19. The Church, following the example of the Blessed Mother and apostles in the Upper Room, traditionally prays for the nine days before Pentecost for a renewed outpouring of the Holy Spirit. This year's Pentecost Novena, which begins Friday, May 10, is available for download by clicking here.
Plan now for Pentecost Weekend!
This year at Christ the King we have even more to celebrate at Pentecost than usual! Plan now to participate in as many of these wonderful events as possible:
- Friday, May 17: Upper Room activities, including
- 5:30 p.m. -- Mass
- 6:30 -- Final meetings of the current sessions of the Advanced Charisms Course and the Life in the Spirit Seminar
- 7:45-9:30 -- Prayer meeting. Dr. Mary Healy will be talking about the impartation of the Holy Spirit, and we will pray for a new outpouring of His grace.
- Saturday, May 18:
- 10:30 a.m. -- Diaconate ordinations, St. Thomas Aquinas, East Lansing. John Ozog will be ordained to the Permanent Diaconate and Jim Rolph will be ordained to the Transitional Diaconate by Bishop Earl Boyea. (There will be a 9 a.m. Mass and Confessions following at Christ the King as usual on Saturday, May 18.)
- 7:00 p.m. -- Pentecost Vigil Mass. As you pray for this celebration, if you receive a Word from the Lord, please send it to Dcn. Lou at email@example.com. (There will not be a 4:30 p.m. Mass on Saturday, May 18.)
- Sunday, May 19:
If you would be able to help serve, set-up, or clean-up for the receptions, please contact Sue Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-929-0973.
- 8:45 a.m. -- Pentecost Mass with Dcn. Jim Rolph as homilist. Reception following Mass in the gym.
- 11:30 a.m. -- Pentecost Mass with Dcn. John Ozog as homilist. Reception following Mass in the gym.
Come, Holy Spirit!
2013-14 Scheduling Event, now through May 22
Our annual scheduling event is taking place May 6 through May 22. If you would like to schedule space in the Church or Parish Center for events taking place between July 2013 and June 2014, particularly for ongoing events, please download the scheduling information and room request form by clicking on the links below. These are pdf forms with fillable fields when viewed with Adobe Reader. Please save and email the completed form(s) to the office at email@example.com
. Forms are due by Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
For more information, please contact Sharon (mornings) at 734-929-0975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you!
IMPORTANT PARKING ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ann Arbor Township Fire Chief has issued a warning to Christ the King concerning illegal parking on our campus, prohibiting access by emergency vehicles. This is especially true in the turnaround in front of the Parish Offices near the flag pole, in front of fire hydrants (state law prohibits parking within 15 feet of a hydrant), and in the center of the gravel turnaround at the end of North Earhart Place. Parking is also prohibited in handicap parking spaces (if you do not have the appropriate license or tag) and in the striped access area next to a handicap space.
The fire department has informed us that they will be checking on us regularly and will ticket violators and may tow away cars. Fines and towing fees for parking illegally could total hundreds of dollars for each violation.
Please park only in designated areas and remember that overflow parking is available in the Domino’s Farms parking lots.
Prayer meeting schedule
Come join us at one of our charismatic prayer meetings as we praise and worship the King of Kings!
Looking for creative ways to support the parish financially?
- Upper Room Prayer Meetings Fridays, 7:45-9:15 p.m., in the Church Worship space. All are invited. Come join us--He is worthy of our praise!
- Life Teen Prayer Meetings Most Tuesdays, year-round. Praise and worship in the Church 7:45 - 9:00 p.m. Optional discussion groups and social time begin at 7:00 p.m. It is a GREAT time to meet new people and to hang out with fun and good Christian teens! Come on down!!
- Fuel Middle School Prayer Meetings Second and fourth Mondays of the month, 7:30-8:30 p.m. in Church. Come fuel the fire of God in your life!
- Fellowship of the Burning Bush (FBB) Intercessory Prayer Meetings Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Cry Room in the Church. All are welcome!
We've gathered some resources all in one place in the finance section of our Stewardship page
or contact Business Manager Theresa Hofer (734-929-0971 or email@example.com
Songs In His Presence
publishes music from Christ the King! Order CDs and songbooks at SongsInHisPresence.com