The Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ
Pope Francis has proclaimed a world-wide coordinated time of Solemn Eucharistic Adoration for Sunday, June 2, on the Solemnity of The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (i.e. Corpus Christi). In union with our Holy Father, our parish will have the following activities:
- Solemn Eucharistic Adoration from 11:00 — 11:25 a.m. in the Worship Space
- 11:30 Mass followed by a light lunch in the gym (please bring snacks or desserts to share)
- Our annual Eucharistic Procession following lunch
- Later, from 5:00 — 6:00pm, we will have a time of Worship, Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction to close our celebration.
Please join us for these special events in honor of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Please note: the 8:45 Mass will be celebrated as usual on June 2.
Memorial Day schedule
Mass on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27, will be at 10 a.m. in the Church. There will not be a 6:45 a.m. Mass on Memorial Day, and the parish offices will be closed that day.
2013-14 Religious Education registration and census
The census of children and registration for 2013-14 Religious Education classes has begun. Forms were sent home with students in this year's classes in early May. The forms are also available by clicking on the links below:
All census, registration and medical forms are due by Friday, July 5.
Starting Monday, July 8, there will be a $20 per family late fee for all registrations. You can drop off the forms in the "Religious Education Registration" basket in the narthex of the Church after the weekend Masses, or deliver or mail the forms to the office. Questions? Please contact Religious Education Secretary Maryn Hasey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT PARKING ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ann Arbor Township Fire Chief has issued a warning to Christ the King concerning illegal parking on our campus, prohibiting access by emergency vehicles. This is especially true in the turnaround in front of the Parish Offices near the flag pole, in front of fire hydrants (state law prohibits parking within 15 feet of a hydrant), and in the center of the gravel turnaround at the end of North Earhart Place. Parking is also prohibited in handicap parking spaces (if you do not have the appropriate license or tag) and in the striped access area next to a handicap space.
The fire department has informed us that they will be checking on us regularly and will ticket violators and may tow away cars. Fines and towing fees for parking illegally could total hundreds of dollars for each violation.
Please park only in designated areas and remember that overflow parking is available in the Domino’s Farms parking lots.
Prayer meeting schedule
Come join us at one of our charismatic prayer meetings as we praise and worship the King of Kings!
Room Scheduling Information
- Upper Room Prayer Meetings Fridays, 7:45-9:15 p.m., in the Church Worship space. All are invited. Come join us--He is worthy of our praise!
- Life Teen Prayer Meetings Most Tuesdays, year-round. Praise and worship in the Church 7:45 - 9:00 p.m. Optional discussion groups and social time begin at 7:00 p.m. It is a GREAT time to meet new people and to hang out with fun and good Christian teens! Come on down!!
- Fuel Middle School Prayer Meetings Second and fourth Mondays of the month, 7:30-8:30 p.m. in Church. Come fuel the fire of God in your life!
- Fellowship of the Burning Bush (FBB) Intercessory Prayer Meetings Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. in the Cry Room in the Church. All are welcome!
In order to request space for a parish-sponsored event at Christ the King, please download the scheduling information and room request form by clicking on the links below. These are pdf forms with fillable fields when viewed with Adobe Reader. Please save and email the completed form(s) to the office at email@example.com
. Please note: The deadline for scheduling space for ongoing events in 2013-14 was Wednesday, May 22. Those who responded by the deadline will be notified about their requests by the end of June.
For more information, please contact Sharon (mornings) at 734-929-0975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Thank you!
Looking for creative ways to support the parish financially?
We've gathered some resources all in one place in the finance section of our Stewardship page
or contact Business Manager Theresa Hofer (734-929-0971 or email@example.com
Songs In His Presence
publishes music from Christ the King! Order CDs and songbooks at SongsInHisPresence.com