Frequently Asked Questions


Jesus at Gethsemane
  1. MASS

    What are Sunday Mass times?

      Weekend Mass Schedule - Subject to Change
      Saturday: 5 PM (Feb,Dec)
      Sunday: 8 AM (Apr,Jun,Aug,Oct)
      Sunday: 10 AM (Jan,Mar,May,July,Sep,Nov)

    Does Holy Trinity celebrate daily mass?

      Not at this time.

    I would like to offer a Mass for my loved ones, how do I do this?

      Contact the office (773-0877) where you can request a Mass intention for your loved ones. You can also request a person's name be mentioned in the prayer of the faithful if they are recently deceased.


    I would like to have my child baptized, how do I go about doing this?

      Baptismal font You should live within the Parish boundaries, regularly attend Mass here and/or be registered parishioners. To schedule a baptism, call the office (773-0877). Baptisms are usually celebrated at Sunday Mass.


    When is confession?

      Confessions are scheduled at various times during the year

    Do you celebrate Communal Reconciliation?

      Yes, Holy Trinity Catholic Church celebrates Communal Reconciliation during Advent and Lent.

      How far in advance do I need to schedule a wedding?
        The Diocesan policy requires that couples book the wedding at least six months in advance. If you wish to have the wedding during some popular months of the year, it is suggested that you make arrangements at least eight months before your planned wedding. Here are the important requirements for the wedding:

Sacrament of Marriage
  1. Sworn testimony of bride and bridegroom.
  2. Sworn testimony of closest relative or friend of bride or bridegroom
  3. Recent copy of the Baptismal Certificate.
  4. FOCCUS inventory
  5. Marriage Preparation classes or Engaged Encounter
  6. Family Planning classes
  7. Contact Fr. Xavier Ilango, Pastor - to schedule an appointment for the wedding rehearsal. He will also tell you what is acceptable and permitted during the wedding.

    I do not belong to Holy Trinity Catholic Church, but I would like to get married in this Church, how do I go about doing this?
      Preferences for the use of the Church facilities are given to registered members of the Parish or to those who live within the parish boundaries. Request from Parishioners of other parishes are asked to contact their parish priests and to receive written permission to have the wedding solemnized at Holy Trinity. Paperwork and marriage preparation classes are to be done through their local parish. All canonical requirements must be completed and submitted to Fr. Xavier Ilango, Pastor one month before the wedding.


    I would like to have my house, fields, etc. blessed, how do I go about it?

      Call the office (773-0877) to make an appointment.
      One of the priests will return your call.

      It stands for Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. Briefly it is a program that teaches the children the basics of our Faith. See the section on the SACRAMENTS which explains at length the goals of CCD.

    When do I enroll my child in CCD?

      Call the office at (218) 773-0877 for the specific time and date of enrollment for Holy Trinity. Usually enrollment takes place towards the end of September.


    Who do I contact for questions about becoming Catholic?

      Call the office (773-0877)

    When do RCIA classes start?

      Formation classes usually start in September of each year. The Sacraments are received at the Easter Vigil (Holy Saturday) evening service. Classes are scheduled throughout the year.


    Why do I need to register as a parish member?
      All those who live in the boundary of Holy Trinity Catholic Church are requested to register with Fr. Xavier Ilango, Pastor. There are several reasons for this request. First, registration gives you the right and privileges to use the services of the parish. Second, it is a sign that you are willing to participate fully in the work of the Church. Third, it is a way for the Parish to know the number of people who come and worship at our Parish so that it can better serve its parishioners. Your contributions are recorded for your tax records through the envelope system.

    How do I register?

      Please call the office (773-0877) and request that a form to be sent to you or talk to Fr. Xavier Ilango or Fr. John Christianson after Mass.

    I would like to volunteer my time to the Church, can the church use my skills?

      The Church can certainly make use of your skills and talents. Please ask for a Time & Talent Slip or call the office (773-0877) to inquire about the current leadership of the different groups.

    When is a good time to contact the parish office with questions?

      It is best to call the parish office during regular hours, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. In case of medical or death emergency and during off hours, our answering machine will have an Emergency Number for you to call. The Emergency Service will then contact one of the parish priests